Access to Healthcare
Community health centers provide primary health care services to more than 22 million people across the United States. Each health center provides for the unique needs of patients in its immediate community. Many of the patients that are seen at health centers represent uninsured or underinsured patients and/or those with limited access to healthcare. This assignment will help you identify service delivery needs and provide quality recommendations for improving access to healthcare. Community Health Centers Paper
Read the following case study from your textbook:
- Case 20: Big Brother is Watching: Utilizing Clinical Decision Support as a Tool to Limit Adverse Drug Events (ATTACHED)
Then, do the following:
- Conduct research on “community health centers” by reviewing the National Association of Community Health Centers website at About Our Health Centers – NACHC (http://www.nachc.org/about/about-our-health-centers/)
- Choose a geographic region or location and research the types of services delivered at the community health centers in that area. Community Health Centers Paper
- Describe the location including the demographics such as race and ethnicity, gender, socio-economic status, age, education level, morbidity and mortality statistics, and other common or relevant health statistics.
- Identify the other social services that are available to your selected community to strengthen and sustain the community health system in the location you have chosen.
- Identify and discuss the barriers to access to healthcare.
- Explain how healthcare providers can improve access to quality care and reach their target population. Community Health Centers Paper Walden University Impact of Depression on Elderly Due to Covid19 Essay