Review the classmates’ posts and respond to at least one in a minimum of 150 words.? Explain why you agree or disagree. Then, share an example from your professional experience to support your assertions. Analyzing Qualitative Data Discussion
There are several methods of qualitative data analysis. The following are major qualitative content analysis techniques that can be used.
Content Analysis: this is the most common and straightforward method of data analysis which is used to evaluate patterns within a piece of content such as words, phrases, or images, or across different pieces of content or sources of communication (Warren, 2020). It can also include the identification of the frequency with which an idea is shared or spoken about. It can as well identify patterns of deeper underlying interpretations.
Narrative analysis: it includes listening to people telling stories and analyzing what that story means. Stories assist in helping to understand the world and gain important insights into the way that people deal with and make sense of reality through analysis of their stories and the way they are told (Creswell & Creswell, 2018).
- Discourse Analysis: it includes analyzing language within its social context. It can include analysis of language such as conversation, and speech among others within the culture and society it takes place. For instance, one can use it to analyze how janitor speaks to CEO, or how politicians speak about terrorism (Warren, 2020). Analyzing Qualitative Data Discussion
- Thematic Analysis: this analysis looks at the patterns of meaning in a given data set. For instance, a set of interviews or focus group transcription. It takes bodies of data and groups them according to similarities or themes. The themes help in making sense of the content as well as deriving meaning from it.
- Grounded theory: it is an analytical method whose intention is to create a new theory by use of the provided data through a series of tests and revisions.
- Interpretive phenomenological analysis: this is designed to assist in understanding personal experiences of a given subject that concerns major life events, experiences, or situations.
- Creswell, J. W., & Creswell, J. D. (2018). Research Design: Qualitative, Quantitative, and Mixed Methods Approaches (5th ed.). Sage Publications, Inc.
Warren, K. (2020, May 23). Qualitative Data Analysis Methods 101. Grad Coach. https://gradcoach.com/qualitative-data-analysis-me…
Question 2: Review the classmates’ posts and respond to at least one in a minimum of 150 words.? Explain why you agree or disagree. Then, share an example from your professional experience to support your assertions.
After going through the week’s reading materials provided and also doing personal research on the same topic, I found out that as a researcher, there are some considerations that need to be made in selecting the most appropriate form of data analysis for their qualitative study. The first step in making this decision is to identify key research ideas. Different research ideas will require different qualitative analyses. To identify the research ideas, also identify the problem, what you want to know, and the participants that will take place in the research. Also, the depth of knowledge will also guide you when identifying the research idea.
The second step in identifying the most appropriate qualitative study is to identify the key research design features (Richard, 2020). Knowing the key research design features is a very critical step when choosing a design that matches the research plan. Since each research design is complex and varies from another, key things to focus on include the aim of the design, sample size, and data collection methods (Creswell & Creswell, 2018). For instance, the case design is appropriate if the researcher focuses on one of the main aims, that is, understanding individual participants’ perspectives and experiences that are related to a phenomenon and also understanding a phenomenon that is based on the group of participants’ perspectives.
The last step is to match the research ideas with the research design that needs to be selected (Richard, 2020). Once one has reviewed the key design features of several research designs, it needs to be clear which design is the most appropriate for the selected research. Analyzing Qualitative Data Discussion